It sure was an interesting 24 or 30 hours for Juventus, wasn’t it?
Maybe not the crazy 24-hour spells that we saw last season where there was so much negativity happening off the field, but there still were two things taking place that could have thrown Juventus off kilter and created a situation in which things went wrong Saturday night against city rivals Torino.
Thankfully, what happened Friday didn’t impact what happened Saturday.
Juventus won the first Derby della Mole of the 2023-24 season, with a second-half performance that was a much-needed tonic for what took place in the opening 45 minutes. It was not an overall beautiful thing, but Juventus beating Torino is always something that is wonderful to see because winning derbies is always going to be fun.
That first half wasn’t fun. The second half, though? Yeah, that was fun.
On Episode 176 of The Old Lady Speaks Podcast, we discuss:
- Takeaways from the week that was — including how Max Allegri’s experiment of Fabio Miretti playing as a seconda punta-ish kind of player probably needs to come to an end, and how Juve’s financial numbers (and massive amount of losses) over the last couple the years continue to boggle the mind.
- The Turin derby was once again won by Juventus. Your thoughts?
- Max Allegri can be a stubborn man, but he made the right call at the right time with the introduction of Arek Milik to begin the second half.
- Filip Kostic — he back?!
- The Paul Pogba B sample came back just as positive as the A sample and his doping suspension rolls on with a long-term ban looking all the more likely.
- Twitter questions — including what Juventus’ expected capital increase means for potential transfer additions in January, what Moise Kean’s role could be going forward, and who the heck will step in for Adrien Rabiot and/or Danilo if they’re ever hurt or suspended.
You can listen to Episode 176 of The Old Lady Speaks Podcast on your preferred podcasting platform or through the player below:
To our dear listeners: Please look for the latest episode of The Old Lady Speaks Podcast to drop every Monday and Thursday mornings/afternoons for those of you who live in the United States. (Please adjust your time zone according if you live outside of the U.S.)
If you happen to listen to the Old Lady Speaks on Apple Podcasts or Spotify, please subscribe to the show and give us a nice five-star rating and review because it is very nice to see that our podcast is being enjoyed by you all. The more you say nice things about us, the more we will continue to love you forever and ever and ever. We promise.