The last time we came to you with a podcast episode, Juventus had just blown another lead and dropped a game they probably should have won against AC Milan. We were grumpy because the same old song and dance was going on, with Juve sitting in the relegation zone as a result.
Seven days later, Juve’s no longer in the relegation zone for one simple reason. Or, maybe in this case, two specific reasons.
Juventus is no longer winless in Serie A action. It took five games, but we’re finally here. And in the sixth Serie A game, the one after Juventus finally won and got three points against Serie A opposition, they went out and won again. The problem was, Juve allowed a combined four goals in those two games and two of their most in-form players are now going to be out for a little while due to muscle injurues.
You win some (games) and lose some (players), I guess.
The trio of Danny, Sergio and our loyal Dutchman Chuks discussed what has been an eventful week for Juventus despite the fact that the team has actually put together a couple of wins in back-to-back fashion. (Sam, as you probably remember from last week’s episode, is still away on new dad duty.)
We were happy that Juventus won, sure. But the other stuff that happened during those wins ... yeah, not so much.
On this week’s episode of The Old Lady Speaks Podcast, we discuss:
- Juventus has won two straight Serie A games!
- Those two wins, however, have come under the circumstances in which Juve has continued to struggle defensively against teams that aren’t exactly world-class quality opponents.
- Juve’s defense ... yikes.
- Where the hell does Juve go from here defensively? (Other than continuing to piss us off.)
- Juventus head into Wednesday night’s big Champions League game against Chelsea without Paulo Dybala and Alvaro Morata. (Note: This was recorded Sunday night, so we hadn’t officially heard how long the two strikers would be out for.)
- Thoughts on the matchup against Chelsea, which was going to be tough even if Dybala and Morata were both healthy going into the game.
- Twitter questions!
You can listen to Episode 66 of The Old Lady Speaks here:
You can also listen — and then subscribe, rate and review — to The Old Lady Speaks on the following platforms below. Just search “Black & White & Read All Over” when you get to your preferred listening platform and we’re going to be there for your listening pleasure.
If you happen to listen to the Old Lady Speaks on Apple Podcasts, please feel free to give us a nice rating because it is very nice to see that our podcast is being enjoyed as we enter our second season doing it on a weekly basis. The more you say nice things about us, the more we will continue to love you forever and ever and ever. We promise.