Juventus’ 2021-22 Serie A opener is quickly approaching. And we know that because Juventus’ second friendly of the preseason was against a Serie B side while their third friendly was against one of the biggest clubs in the world. (You can say what you want about the state of said club, but they sure do have a lot of eyeballs on them — especially the past few days.)
Juventus didn’t play all that well in its 3-0 loss to Barcelona this past weekend. It was the first friendly in which Max Allegri had all of his squad, outside of a couple of injuries, available to him as he prepares for Juve’s Aug. 22 season opener against Udinese.
We talked about it.
We talked about what’s upcoming.
And we talked about the two very important things happening off the field involving Juve’s new-look front office and just what kind of impact they might have on the upcoming season.
Sounds like a good time, right? Hopefully it is!
On this week’s episode of The Old Lady Speaks:
- Juventus lost 3-0 to Barcelona and we clearly lose our heads about it.
- Well, not really.
- We try and find some positives — or not dwell on the negatives — from Juve’s loss to Barcelona this past weekend.
- There are a lot of preseason trophies, but unfortunately Juventus won’t win them all this summer because of said loss to Barcelona.
- Looking ahead to the final friendly of the preseason this weekend against Atalanta.
- The Manuel Locatelli deal could be done this weekend.
- The looooooooong Paulo Dybala contract extension talks and drama could also reach the light at the end of the tunnel this weekend.
You can listen to Episode 59 of The Old Lady Speaks here:
You can also listen — and then subscribe, rate and review — to The Old Lady Speaks on the following platforms below. Just search “Black & White & Read All Over” when you get to your preferred listening platform and we’re going to be there for your listening pleasure.
Please feel free to give us a nice rating because we enjoy doing this podcast very much and are glad that you have enjoyed the first batch of episodes. The more you say nice things about us, the more we will continue to love you forever and ever and ever. We promise.