Last week was a good week for Juventus.
It was also a much-needed week for Juventus in the sense that the previous week was one where the squad came out of the international break and proceeded to drop points against a city rival that isn’t very good in a disappointing derby result.
There was none of that this past week.
Juventus played two games. Juventus won those two games. And, as an added bonus that hasn’t always been the case this season, Juventus played pretty well for much of those two games as they claimed wins over Napoli or Genoa. While those two wins didn’t ensure that the Champions League is a certainty next season, they came at a time where there’s a whole lot of pressure being put on the club to produce and the man who’s calling the shots as manager has been under a whole lot of heat.
So, yes, these two wins were nice to see.
And yes, we were in a much better mood than we had been recently when recording the podcast. That was a change for the better based on how the last few weeks have been for us. Hopefully you enjoy that part, too.
On this week’s episode of The Old Lady Speaks, we discuss:
- Hey, we’re in a good mood!
- Thoughts on Juventus’ week that was, with relatively enjoyable viewings during the course of wins over Napoli midweek and then Genoa this past Sunday.
- A player focus of sorts as we discuss just how awesome Federico Chiesa has been the last couple of months.
- Juventus has been pretty solid in their last two games. With tougher competition coming up the next few weeks, just how crucial is this upcoming stretch before May arrives?
- A very good discussion coming out of our lone Twitter question.
You can listen to Episode 44 of The Old Lady Speaks here:
You can also listen — and then subscribe, rate and review — to The Old Lady Speaks on the following platforms below. Just search “Black & White & Read All Over” when you get to your preferred listening platform and we’re going to be there for your listening pleasure.
Please feel free to give us a nice rating because we enjoy doing this podcast very much and are glad that you have enjoyed the first batch of episodes. The more you say nice things about us, the more we will continue to love you forever and ever and ever. We promise.