In a season that has had plenty of swings of emotion both good and bad depending on what week it is, the same can be said for your resident Juventus podcast.
Last week was fairly bad. Same goes for the week before that.
This week, however ... a little bit more on the brighter side of things.
See what happens when Juventus actually strings a couple of wins together in the span of a few days? Everything becomes happy again! Well, maybe not everything, but some things. And with wins over Spezia and Lazio — the second one being a lot more impressive than the first — the general mood was a pleasant change for the better this time around.
Where we do we begin this week? Well, from what we saw the day before against Lazio. But, as has been the elephant in the room heading the month of March, the second leg against Porto in the Champions League Round of 16 coming up on Tuesday night is arguably Juventus’ biggest fixture to date. Now that game, one where Juve has to flip the 2-1 aggregate scoreline in their favor when they take the field in Turin, is essentially upon us.
On this week’s episode of The Old Lady Speaks, we discuss:
- After Juventus stumbled, they went and got themselves back up.
- Thoughts on Saturday night’s win over Lazio.
- Alvaro Morata is back and he’s already scoring goals again.
- Dejan Kulusevski’s struggles despite his obvious talent level.
- Just how, exactly, we are feeling heading into Tuesday night’s Champions League Round of 16 tie against Porto.
- Your Twitter questions! (With most of them being about Dejan Kulusevski.)
- Bonus story time featuring Chuks!
You can listen to Episode 39 of The Old Lady Speaks here:
You can also listen — and then subscribe, rate and review — to The Old Lady Speaks on the following platforms below. Just search “Black & White & Read All Over” when you get to your preferred listening platform and we’re going to be there for your listening pleasure.
Please feel free to give us a nice rating because we enjoy doing this podcast very much and are glad that you have enjoyed the first batch of episodes. The more you say nice things about us, the more we will continue to love you forever and ever and ever. We promise.