Over the course of the last six weeks, we’ve seen Juventus win more than they’ve lost. And not only have we seen Juventus win a good amount of games and get themselves back into the Scudetto race as a result, but they’ve done so in different kinds of ways.
Say, like Saturday’s 2-0 win over Roma.
That is where the discussion starts with this week’s episode of The Old Lady Speaks, which was down one Dutchman as our boy Chuks was unavailable to join us to talk about Juventus’ latest performance on the pitch. However, the remaining trio both looked back at the win over Roma — one that saw Juventus jump into third place in the Serie A standings — as well as look ahead to the second leg of the Coppa Italia semifinals this coming Tuesday night in Turin.
We might not have had Chuks around, but we managed!
On this week’s episode of The Old Lady Speaks, we discuss:
- How Andrea Pirlo went full-on Max Allegri against Roma.
- The ability Pirlo has shown of late to adapt to the opposition rather than sticking with one set formation and/or one set of tactics.
- Giorgio Chiellini is healthy — knock on wood, knock on wood, knock on wood — and giving Juventus’ defense a whole lot more depth than it had a couple of weeks ago.
- With the schedule being absolutely brutal and relentless these days — a lot like it was in December and January — Juventus has about as much depth as its had all season. Pretty good situation for Pirlo to have knowing there is a game every three or four days.
- Looking ahead to the second leg of the Coppa Italia semifinals against Inter on Tuesday night, a game Juve will take a 2-1 aggregate advantage into the latest Derby d’Italia.
- Paulo Dybala back soon? Maybe?
You can listen to Episode 36 of The Old Lady Speaks here:
You can also listen — and then subscribe, rate and review — to The Old Lady Speaks on the following platforms below. Just search “Black & White & Read All Over” when you get to your preferred listening platform and we’re going to be there for your listening pleasure.
Please feel free to give us a nice rating because we enjoy doing this podcast very much and are glad that you have enjoyed the first batch of episodes. The more you say nice things about us, the more we will continue to love you forever and ever and ever. We promise.