As Juventus heads into another massive three-week stretch to start the month of February, we can say that the way they finished January was rather positive. Another game against Sampdoria, another quality performance and another three points to top it all off.
Now, with no offense to Samp, here come the big boys.
Not only will Juventus face Inter twice over the course of the next week in the Coppa Italia, there’s also showdowns with Roma and Napoli on back-to-back weekends in another moment where the current Italian champions’ Scudetto hopes are going to be very much on the line in this up and down and all the way around kind of season to date.
That’s why we brought in a little help this week.
While we might have been without our Mexico international for this episode, we welcomed our buddy Bren from Chiesa Di Totti to talk about this coming weekend’s big match in Turin. And while we know that Juve played well against Samp this past weekend, it’s going to be a step up in competition both this season and next no matter what kind of silliness is currently surrounding Roma.
On this week’s episode of The Old Lady Speaks, we discuss:
- That lovely first half of play from Juventus against Sampdoria over the weekend.
- Arthur and his tiny little circles — again.
- Cbuks adds triangle talk to the list of shapes discussed.
- How the stability in the midfield following the loss to Inter two weeks ago has helped things stabilize for the team as a whole and how the results have followed.
- We talk with Chiesa Di Totti head honcho Bren about Roma and this weekend’s big game in Turin.
You can listen to Episode 35 of The Old Lady Speaks here:
You can also listen — and then subscribe, rate and review — to The Old Lady Speaks on the following platforms below. Just search “Black & White & Read All Over” when you get to your preferred listening platform and we’re going to be there for your listening pleasure.
Please feel free to give us a nice rating because we enjoy doing this podcast very much and are glad that you have enjoyed the first batch of episodes. The more you say nice things about us, the more we will continue to love you forever and ever and ever. We promise.