This past weekend, Juventus played a game in such a heavy fog that even the highest of definition televisions would have struggled to give you a clear picture of what’s happening on the field. That comes seven days after Juventus played a game right by the ocean and arrived by boat the previous weekend.
Things were better in the fog.
Well, at least the result was. Who knows about the level of the performance.
Juventus, far from a team you would consider to be firing on all cylinders, got back in the win column this past weekend with a grind-it-out kind of 2-0 victory over Bologna. With important players missing via injury, Max Allegri was forced to get a little creative with his starting lineup and tactical choices, but it didn’t come back to fully bite him in the backside. (Thankfully.)
So as much as we focus our discussion on the latest Juventus game, there’s some off-the-field things to discuss. And unfortunately, it comes from a source that is known to create a scene or two when it comes to his clients and the transfer market.
Sounds fun, doesn’t it?
On this week’s episode of The Old Lady Speaks Podcast, we discuss:
- Our takeaways from the week, including a potential new role for Moise Kean, just how dumb injuries truly are and more than just a quick shoutout to Juventus Women.
- Further thoughts that, yes, injuries are dumb.
- Thoughts on the win over Bologna in which the fog was quite unreal.
- The sudden cloud hanging over the future of Matthijs de Ligt at Juventus in the wake of what the Dutchman’s agent, Mino Raiola had to say about things on Sunday.
- Some closing thoughts on Juventus Women making the Women’s Champions League quarterfinals, a massive step in the progress for both the club in general and what first-year manager Joe Montemurro is trying to accomplish during his time in Turin.
You can listen to Episode 78 of The Old Lady Speaks here:
Look for the latest episode of The Old Lady Speaks to drop every Monday morning. (Adjust your time zone according if you don’t live in the United States.)
If you happen to listen to the Old Lady Speaks on Apple Podcasts, please feel free to give us a nice rating because it is very nice to see that our podcast is being enjoyed as we enter our second season doing it on a weekly basis. The more you say nice things about us, the more we will continue to love you forever and ever and ever. We promise.
Also, if you haven’t already, please take part in recent our listener survey and let us know what you think of the podcast as a whole. We greatly appreciate the feedback and thank you all for taking part in it.