We may have had to say goodbye to Juventus’ shutout streak and run of nearly 400 minutes without allowing a goal, but there’s another streak that is still very much present.
With Juventus getting a late Paulo Dybala penalty kick to pull even with Inter Milan and escape the San Siro with a 1-1 draw, we can say that Juve’s unbeaten run has hit nine games. And with a couple of rather friendly fixtures coming up over the next week, there’s the very real chance that said unbeaten streak hits double digits going into a couple of big fixtures before the November international break.
It hasn’t always been pretty from Max Allegri and his squad at times. But, as we discuss on this week’s episode of the podcast, it’s working and it’s getting Juventus points after an extremely tough start to the 2021-22 season. At least for now.
On this week’s episode of The Old Lady Speaks, we discuss:
- Sunday’s 1-1 draw with Inter and what to take out of it. The good, the bad, the VAR — everything.
- Let’s face it, there wasn’t much to be said about the win over Zenit. It was a game played, it wasn’t good and we treated it as such despite the fact that Juve actually won.
- Sometimes Max Allegri’s lineup choices make perfect sense. Other times, they confuse you. Either way, we just have to live with it.
- A two-month job performance review for a certain Max Allegri, whose team is now on the brink of cracking the top four after a very tough start to the season.
- Twitter questions! Including ones about Paulo Dybala’s return to the field, Juve’s Champions League chances and a debate over what’s for breakfast.
You can listen to Episode 70 of The Old Lady Speaks here:
You can also listen — and then subscribe, rate and review because you all are very, very nice people — to The Old Lady Speaks on the following platforms below. Just search “Black & White & Read All Over” when you get to your preferred listening platform and we’re going to be there for your listening pleasure.
If you happen to listen to the Old Lady Speaks on Apple Podcasts, please feel free to give us a nice rating because it is very nice to see that our podcast is being enjoyed as we enter our second season doing it on a weekly basis. The more you say nice things about us, the more we will continue to love you forever and ever and ever. We promise.