Juventus’ is back on the field, and we are back for another round of The Old Lady Speaks.
The good news for all of us is that we get to talk about another Juventus win — which, if you were to think that we’d be in a good mood at this point of the season all of six weeks ago, then you might have to go back and adjust your predictions for Juventus.
Just like in Episode 67, we get to talk about a 1-0 win over a rival in an important game that saw Juventus move a couple of spots up the standings as a result. Talking about wins are fun, and talking about wins in big games where you get an angry Jose Mourinho yelling at the officiating crew is always better.
On this week’s episode of The Old Lady Speaks, we discuss:
- The win over Roma and what stood out during a third straight 1-0 victory in all competitions. (Hint: Playing well defensively is nice!)
- Are Juventus starting to get it as Max Allegri becomes more and more comfortable with the squad that he’s working with?
- A short tangent on library books courtesy of Chuks.
- Looking ahead to Wednesday’s Champions League group stage game against Zenit St. Petersburg in Russia, which could go a long way in helping Juve qualify for the knockout rounds.
- Your Twitter questions! Including topics regarding The Wings of Fede, Max’s tactics, Kaio Jorge and a potential Dusan Vlahovic signing next summer.
You can listen to Episode 69 (nice) of The Old Lady Speaks here:
You can also listen — and then subscribe, rate and review because you all are very, very nice people — to The Old Lady Speaks on the following platforms below. Just search “Black & White & Read All Over” when you get to your preferred listening platform and we’re going to be there for your listening pleasure.
If you happen to listen to the Old Lady Speaks on Apple Podcasts, please feel free to give us a nice rating because it is very nice to see that our podcast is being enjoyed as we enter our second season doing it on a weekly basis. The more you say nice things about us, the more we will continue to love you forever and ever and ever. We promise.