Is everybody happy?
It’s the weekend after Juventus didn’t play during an international break, which means Max Allegri and his boys are just a few short days away from getting back onto the field. That game, though, is a rather important one when Juve faces Roma at Allianz Stadium.
It is that game, one that kicks off a busy post-international break the complete the month of October, that has big implications on just we’ll be feeling come the next international break.
And, as you might expect, the visit from Roma and their fairly noteworthy first-year manager is where things start on this week’s episode of The Old Lady Speaks. There’s mention of Jose Mourinho once or twice. There’s also mention of a few other things. Funny how you find things to talk about even though it’s an international break, right?
On this week’s episode of The Old Lady Speaks, we discuss:
- Sunday’s matchup with Roma and just how we’re all feeling about it.
- An outsider’s look at the early days of Jose Mourinho at Roma and just how things are going for him during his first couple of months back in Serie A.
- Juventus’ schedule the next month or two is, a lot like the end of September — big fixture after big fixture in both Serie A and the Champions League.
- Just how much does Adrien Rabiot’s COVID-19 absence potentially change things up for Max Allegri’s tactical choices the next couple of games.
- Twitter questions about J Medical, the new owners at Newcastle potentially helping Juventus out and could that same ownership group be looking at Serie A next.
You can listen to Episode 68 of The Old Lady Speaks here:
You can also listen — and then subscribe, rate and review because you all are very, very nice people — to The Old Lady Speaks on the following platforms below. Just search “Black & White & Read All Over” when you get to your preferred listening platform and we’re going to be there for your listening pleasure.
If you happen to listen to the Old Lady Speaks on Apple Podcasts, please feel free to give us a nice rating because it is very nice to see that our podcast is being enjoyed as we enter our second season doing it on a weekly basis. The more you say nice things about us, the more we will continue to love you forever and ever and ever. We promise.