What a difference a week makes, boys and girls.
If you’re guessing that we were in a better mood during this podcast recording as compared to last week’s affair following the loss to Inter at the San Siro, then you’re right on the money.
And we were in such a good mood we decided to invite a buddy on the podcast.
Since Juventus officially hit the midway point of the season this past weekend — yes, I know, they’ve got a game in hand still to play — we did a little bit of a review of both the past two games that Juventus played (and won) against Napoli in the Supercoppa and then Bologna, but also the 2020-21 season as a whole. We were also joined by our resident Texan, Mr. Hunter Sharpless, who was more than happy to share his thoughts on Juve’s resident Texan who is having a pretty good season to date.
It was a good time had by all, and hopefully we’re in the same kind of mood when we get ready to record next week. That would be nice.
On this week’s episode of The Old Lady Speaks, we discuss:
- After two more very strong performances, we talk about what everybody else is talking about these days: Weston McKennie being awesome.
- When talking about Weston McKennie, Chuks brings to light a word in Dutch that translates to being the footballing version of a vacuum cleaner.
- Looking back on the weekend that was where Juventus got the win and plenty of help from their friends who were playing their main Scudetto rivals.
- The improvement of Arthur and his little circles.
- A review of the first half of the season, including thoughts on Andrea Pirlo’s first five months as Juventus’ manager, who the MVP of the team is, who the LVP of the team is and who we’re looking to have a better second half of the season.
You can listen to Episode 34 of The Old Lady Speaks here:
You can also listen — and then subscribe, rate and review — to The Old Lady Speaks on the following platforms below. Just search “Black & White & Read All Over” when you get to your preferred listening platform and we’re going to be there for your listening pleasure.
Please feel free to give us a nice rating because we enjoy doing this podcast very much and are glad that you have enjoyed the first batch of episodes. The more you say nice things about us, the more we will continue to love you forever and ever and ever. We promise.