If the podcast episode after the Fiorentina episode was considered a Juventus-influenced therapy session, then what would we consider this?
This was most definitely a therapy session. But it was a therapy session with a healthy side order of venting about what we’ve watched the day before.
Nobody associated with Juventus or Juventus fandom liked what happened over the weekend against Inter Milan. The 2-0 loss was, unofficially, the declaration that the 2020-21 season in near certainty won’t be ending like the previous nine — with Juventus’ captain lifting a the Scudetto over the head and the tricolore patch remaining on their jersey for another year. It was the kind of game where everything that could go wrong did go wrong for Juve and their first-year manager, and after Milan’s win over Cagliari on Monday night, the current Italian champions are 10 points off the pace in Serie A.
No offense to the Coppa Italia win over Genoa a few days earlier, but there were more important things to talk about during this week’s episode of The Old Lady Speaks.
On this week’s episode of The Old Lady Speaks, we discuss:
- Oh, right. The Juventus-Inter game from over the weekend.
- Chuks fixed his Zoom and then remembered Juventus’ midfield doesn’t consistent of Marchisio, Vidal, Pirlo and Pogba anymore.
- Just how much of this is a reflection of Juventus’ front office not completely addressing a weakness that has been there for years.
- Andrea Pirlo — still a rookie head manager who’s in his fifth month of being a coach.
- Oh, right. Juventus’ midfield isn’t very good.
- Juventus’ midfield vs. Inter’s midfield.
- Twitter questions! (Because the guy who runs the BWRAO Twitter account actually remembered to ask for Twitter questions before we recorded this week.)
You can listen to Episode 33 of The Old Lady Speaks here:
You can also listen — and then subscribe, rate and review — to The Old Lady Speaks on the following platforms below. Just search “Black & White & Read All Over” when you get to your preferred listening platform and we’re going to be there for your listening pleasure.
Please feel free to give us a nice rating because we enjoy doing this podcast very much and are glad that you have enjoyed the first batch of episodes. The more you say nice things about us, the more we will continue to love you forever and ever and ever. We promise.