I, your loyal podcast host by the name of Danny, named last week’s episode of The Old Lady Speakds Podcast — SUBSCRIBE AND RATE AND REVIEW ON ITUNES NOW, FOLKS! — “Hype Machine” simply because we were three dudes who were excited Juventus won and played well at the same time. Despite all of one official game and one friendly, we were ridin’ SO HIGH on what Juventus had just done, beating Sampdoria with plenty of room spare.
Yeah, about all of that.
This week’s episode of The Old Lady Speaks is not filled with the overflowing of optimism about Juventus for the simple fact that the team’s performance wasn’t all that great against Roma over the weekend. The competition level went up, and Juve’s overall performance went down as compared to seven days earlier.
So, you can figure out what the discussion was based around this week.
On this week’s episode of The Old Lady Speaks, we discuss:
- First and foremost, Chuks is back, baby!
- Second and also foremost, we get Hunter dropping in to say some really good things!
- Of course, there’s lots of thoughts on Juve’s 2-2 draw against Roma.
- It doesn’t matter it’s the decisions from Andrea Pirlo to start certain players in certain positions, but there was a lot to come out of this one even though Juve didn’t play all that well. (And probably played their best after they went down a man due to Adrien Rabiot getting sent off.)
- Looking ahead to the showdown with Napoli and what might need to happen for Juventus — especially in the midfield — to not get killed on the counterattack like they did last year after Rino Gattuso took over in Naples. (Of course, there’s the whole COVID-19 outbreak at Genoa to monitor seeing as that’s who Napoli played last weekend.)
- As always, your Twitter questions! (With a little different format this time.)
You can listen to Episode 20 of The Old Lady Speaks here:
You can also listen (and subscribe) to The Old Lady Speaks on the following platforms:
Please feel free to give us a nice rating because we enjoy doing this podcast very much and are glad that you have enjoyed the first batch of episodes. The more you say nice things about us, the more we will continue to love you forever and ever and ever. We promise.