Amidst a flurry of rumors, Juventus made their first official move of the summer transfer window last week. It just so happened to be from a country where a few of your loyal BWRAO podcasters happen to live.
Does that mean we blared the National Anthem for 60 minutes?
But we did focus a good portion of this week’s episode of The Old Lady Speaks Podcast on Juve’s newest midfielder, Weston McKennie, who arrived on loan with option to buy this past weekend. It is there where the usual crew of myself (Danny), Sam, Sergio and Mr. Chuks started the conversation. Where we ended up is where we discussed many potential transfer happenings and threw in a little bit of Andrea Pirlo talk along the way.
On this week’s episode of The Old Lady Speaks, we discussed the following:
- McKennie’s arrival on loan from Schalke, the kind of player he is and what some logical expectations for the first-ever American (male) signing at Juventus might be.
- Where could McKennie fit in if he is able to find some kind of role during the 2020-21 season.
- How Sergio has to now go against his Mexican rooting interests and be a fan of a player from the United States.
- Now that Juve’s got their first signing of the summer window out of the way in the form of McKennie, it’s now time to have more fun with transfer rumors!
- LEO MESSI TO JUVENTUS?!?!?!
- The hunt for a No. 9 — which seems to have been narrowed down to Luis Suarez, Edin Dzeko and (hopefully) Moise Kean.
- The return of the Twitter questions!
(Just a note for everybody here. This was recorded Monday evening, therefore the way we’re talking about any kind of move of Luis Suarez or Gonzalo Higuain’s future at Juventus is a little different than what we’ve heard about in the last 36 or 48 hours since we hit end on the Zoom call.)
You can listen to Episode 17 of The Old Lady Speaks here:
Or you can listen (and subscribe) to The Old Lady Speaks on the following platforms:
Please feel free to give us a nice rating because we enjoy doing this podcast very much and are glad that you have enjoyed the first batch of episodes. The more you say nice things about us, the more we will continue to love you forever and ever and ever. We promise.