The best thing about this podcast recording was that Juventus didn’t break any news right as we were trying to head into the final part of the episode.
Thank you for that, Juventus.
But, as you can probably guess, the main topic of conversation this week was just what we ended the podcast with last week — Pirlo becoming the man who replaces Maurizio Sarri.
We’re now more than a week removed from the wild 24 hours where we saw Juventus dumped out of the Champions League, Sarri subsequently losing his job and then Pirlo getting promoted from the Under-23 squad in one of the most surprising moves Andrea Agnelli has made in his tenure as club president. And unlike in last week’s episode where the news was breaking as we were recording, the usual crew of myself (Danny), Sam, Sergio and Mr. Chuks were able to discuss the Pirlo hire without having our minds completely blown.
So, topics of discussion on Episode 15 of The Old Lady Speaks include:
- Actual, coherent thoughts on Juventus hiring Andrea Pirlo as the man to replace Maurizio Sarri as manager. (We thought this would be useful seeing as some of our thoughts on the last pod when the news about Pirlo was breaking were more of just complete shock.)
- What might a goal celebration from Andrea Pirlo the manager look like?
- What kind of coach do we think Andrea Pirlo might be.
- Chuks shamelessly plugging his book again.
- What can the rumored hires on Pirlo’s coaching staff potentially tells us about how he might want his Juventus side to play?
- And, as we missed out on last week because of the Pirlo news breaking as we recorded, the return of your Twitter questions.
You can listen to Episode 15 of The Old Lady Speaks here:
You can also subscribe to The Old Lady Speaks on ...
Please feel free to give us a nice rating because we enjoy doing this podcast very much and are glad that you have enjoyed the first batch of episodes. The more you say nice things about us, the more we will continue to love you forever and ever and ever. We promise.