Last week, we decided to record our podcast the day before Juventus played Genoa with the full knowledge that it wouldn’t come out until after the game was played. Juve went out to beat Genoa with plenty of room to spare, scoring three of the best goals you will see this season in the process.
We didn’t want a repeat of that, so we decided this week’s episode should be recorded a few hours after the game against Milan at San Siro, a decision that was made days in advance and obviously without any idea of how things were going to play out.
The post-Milan recording session between the usual quartet — myself (Danny, Sam, Chuks and Sergio — was a therapy session of sorts. We know Juventus didn’t play well outside of the first 10 minutes or so of the second half Tuesday night. The subsequent meltdown, one that saw Juventus go from leading 2-0 to trailing 3-2 really quick, was the focus of the podcast this week. You could have probably figured that out on your own if you watched the good and then the very, very, very bad of the second half.
So, basically, you can figure out what the main question was to start off the pod this week.
Take it away, Fred ...
Pretty much, yeah. Thank you for helping us, Fred. (We miss you so much.)
On this week’s episode of The Old Lady Speaks, we also talked about:
- Oh, don’t worry. We talked a lot about the Milan loss.
- A LOT.
- LIKE A LOT.
- Matthijs de Ligt is back against Atalanta this week — hooray!
- Is Leonardo Bonucci better at being a really good Robin as compared to being relied upon by his manager — and teammates — to be Batman when de Ligt or Giorgio Chiellini aren’t alongside of him?
- Atalanta are fun, and just how might Juventus respond after such a tough loss a few days earlier against Milan.
- As always, your Twitter questions! (Here is the article that Chuks referenced regarding hand balls and VAR.)
You can listen to Episode 10 of The Old Lady Speaks here:
You can also subscribe to The Old Lady Speaks on ...
Please feel free to give us a nice rating because we enjoy doing this podcast very much and are glad that you have enjoyed the first batch of episodes. The more you say nice things about us, the more we will continue to love you forever and ever and ever. We promise.