Juventus’ ninth title is now an official thing. Some will joke that it’s seemingly been official since the games started all the way back in August, but this long and completely unprecedented 2019-20 season has seen its champion crowned 11 months after it first kicked off.
And it just so happens to be the same team that’s won the previous eight.
Could be worse, folks. It could be a whole lot worse.
Juventus’ 2-0 win over Sampdoria that allowed the Bianconeri to clinch the their ninth straight title, extending a streak that have seen them be the Scudetto holders for more than 3,000 days and counting. Based on that, you can probably what this week’s podcast discussion started with and focused around. And hey, seeing as we started this little adventure a few months ago when there wasn’t any football happening and we weren’t sure if it was coming back this season, seeing Juve clinch another Scudetto is a pretty nice thing to celebrate as we hit the middle of the summer in Italy.
On this week’s episode of The Old Lady Speaks, we discuss:
- Hmm ... the Scudetto might be mentioned once or twice.
- The context if this Scudetto and what it means for Juventus and Serie A.
- Will this Scudetto run of nine years and counting be remembered more for the individual teams or the club as a whole and what they’ve been able to achieve?
- New school football stats vs. an old school approach.
- As is the norm at the end of each podcast, your Twitter questions! (And there were a lot of them, including a few from a couple of
You can listen to Episode 12 of The Old Lady Speaks here:
You can also subscribe to The Old Lady Speaks on ...
Please feel free to give us a nice rating because we enjoy doing this podcast very much and are glad that you have enjoyed the first batch of episodes. The more you say nice things about us, the more we will continue to love you forever and ever and ever. We promise.