Things are ... what they are these days around Juventus.
As the post-lockdown schedule has progressed and the opposition has gotten tougher, Juve’s form has not exactly gotten all that much more convincing. In fact, the last three games Maurizio Sarri’s squad have played have been highlighted mostly by what they were unable to do rather than what went right.
So, you can probably guess where the conversation started and centered around on this week’s episode of The Old Lady Speaks. The usual four horsemen of myself (Danny), Sam, Sergio and Chuks — who was smarter than the rest of us and went off the grid for much of the last week — discussed this issues that have prevented Juventus from doing much of anything right in a pair of draws against Atalanta and Sassuolo.
Then again, those issues are essentially the same kind of issues we’ve been talking about for pretty much the entire season. Good times, right?
On this week’s episode of The Old Lady Speaks Podcast, we discussed:
- The current issues that are hampering Juventus’ post-lockdown performance.
- The hot seat that Maurizio Sarri currently finds himself on and just what might need to change for Juventus to actually achieve the desired brand of football with their current manager at the helm.
- How much of the blame of what’s happened this season fall on Sarri and how much of it should fall on the likes of Fabio Paratici and the rest of Juventus’ front office?
- What the hell has happened to Juventus’ defense lately?
- As always to wrap things up, your Twitter questions!
You can listen to Episode 11 of The Old Lady Speaks here:
You can also subscribe to The Old Lady Speaks on ...
Please feel free to give us a nice rating because we enjoy doing this podcast very much and are glad that you have enjoyed the first batch of episodes. The more you say nice things about us, the more we will continue to love you forever and ever and ever. We promise.