And we’re back!
Juventus’ schedule has gotten busy — very, very, very busy. We knew that would be the case seeing as this is the season that makes absolutely no sense at all. (And that’s before you throw into the fact that there’s been a world health pandemic going on at the same time these last four or five months.)
We just so happened to have quite a lot of things to talk about during this hectic post-coronavirus shutdown schedule. That means the usual crew of myself (Danny), Sam, Chuks and Sergio had much more to discuss instead of Juventus just winning a couple of games in a row or actually scoring a goal or two from open play rather than relying on a penalty kick.
Please note, we recorded this on Monday when we all had some free time, a day before Juventus’ game against Genoa, therefore there obviously aren’t many references to what happened at the Marassi.
However, even though we don’t discuss Paulo Dybala’s most recent thing of beauty off his left foot or the speeding bullet by Cristiano Ronaldo or Douglas Costa’s stunner to cap off the Genoa win, on the latest episode of The Old Lady Speaks, we discuss the following:
- Could Juventus be on the upswing? (And yes, we were shown that to be true in the 3-1 win over Genoa on Tuesday that we didn’t really talk about.)
- Thoughts on Juventus’ swap deal with Barcelona involving Arthur Melo and Miralem Pjanic. What were the sporting motivations behind it? What were the financial motivations behind it? And how are Juventus in the same kind of position as Barcelona is right now in terms of a win-now mentality with an aging squad?
- Could Sergio Romero be open to slingin’ some CR7 Underwear in the future?
- Gianluigi Buffon and Giorgio Chiellini are going to be coming back for at least one more season each.
- Andrea Pirlo, the man who helped kickstart this current Scudetto run, will be bringing his beautiful hair and world-lass beard back to Juventus to take over the club’s Under-23 side.
- And, as always, your Twitter questions! (Lots of them were about Arthur, so we decided to go in a little bit of a different direction.)
You can listen to Episode 9 of The Old Lady Speaks here:
You can also subscribe to The Old Lady Speaks on ...
Please feel free to give us a nice rating because we enjoy doing this podcast very much and are glad that you have enjoyed the first batch of episodes. The more you say nice things about us, the more we will continue to love you forever and ever and ever. We promise.