Juventus’ return to the field hasn’t exactly been a pretty one.
That’s ... not a controversial statement — especially when you consider that Juve’s played two games and have yet to find the back of the net. Both of their games have seen them follow the same kind of pattern: start well and then fade as time goes on, with the lack of both usual match fitness levels and overall sharpness showing themselves.
So ... you can probably guess what the topic of discussion dominated this week’s episode of The Old Lady Speaks podcast. Juventus’ loss to Napoli on penalty kicks — oh, do you want us to remind you of Danilo’s PK again? Of course you do! — has put a lot of Bianconeri supporters in a foul mood. Expectations are what they are at this club, and even though the circumstances are what they are, there wasn’t the expectation for ... THIS.
You can probably guess where we’re going with this. And it’s not to a place where our Juventus-centered conversation is filled with happy and lovely thoughts.
On this episode of The Old Lady Speaks Podcast, we talked about the following:
- That Coppa Italia final on Wednesday ... yikes!
- The breaking news that Juventus isn’t very good right now.
- Does Juventus currently has a lack of identity?
- The podcast’s (un)official Chuks quote/Tim Vickery reference drinking game. (And subsequently Chuks bringing back his James Bond impression.)
- After two games where his team has started brightly yet quickly faded, where can Maurizio Sarri go from here as Serie A is set to resume?
- How much of Juve’s struggles comes down to the players themselves?
- That penalty shootout. (More Danilo talk!)
- And, as always, your Twitter questions. (We really do love them. They’ve been so good.)
You can listen to Episode 8 of The Old Lady Speaks Podcast here:
You can also subscribe to The Old Lady Speaks on ...
Please feel free to give us a nice rating because we enjoy doing this podcast very much and are glad that you have enjoyed the first batch of episodes. The more you say nice things about us, the more we will continue to love you forever and ever and ever. We promise.