When starting a podcast on this here blog, we did so during a time when we didn’t really have much to go off of in terms of stuff to talk about. There were no games, not many legitimate news items and a giant question mark hanging over Serie A and the games coming back this season following the coronavirus outbreak in Italy forcing everything to be put on pause.
We hit the seventh episode of this little venture and we finally have an actual game to talk about. No, seriously. We do. Three months after Juventus last played a Serie A game against Inter Milan — and what a lovely game that was, I might add — the eight-time defending champions were able to advance to the Coppa Italia final on away goals following Friday night’s scoreless draw against AC Milan.
So, you see, now we have an actual game to talk about — finally.
What the hell are we going to do with ourselves, right?
Because of that, you can probably figure out what dominated the conversation between myself (Danny), Sam, Chuks and Sergio, who was kind enough to put his ordering of a Raul Jimenez No. 9 Juventus jersey for at least another week.
On this week’s episode of the Old Lady Speaks, we discuss:
- Juventus actually played a game!
- Chuks’ adventure with air conditioning system repair and why he couldn’t put all of his attention toward Juve’s first game in three months.
- Thoughts on Juventus’ first game back after three months of waiting.
- Thoughts on the Coppa Italia final against Napoli.
- Which players (besides the obvious ones) who will have to play well if Juve want to come away victorious on Wednesday night.
- And, as always, we take your Twitter questions.
You can listen to Episode 7 of The Old Lady Speaks here:
You can also subscribe to The Old Lady Speaks on ...
Please feel free to give us a nice rating because we enjoy doing this podcast very much and are glad that you have enjoyed the first batch of episodes. The more you say nice things about us, the more we will continue to love you forever and ever and ever. We promise.
(PLEASE NOTE: If you aren’t seeing the podcast player embedded into the post, don’t you worry because sometimes search engine paths tend to bounce some features from the page.)