A lot of the talk surrounding Serie A these involves when, exactly, the league will start up again if it does in fact end up starting up again this season. It looks like it will, but because this is Italy and things are usually much more difficult to achieve than any of us would like them to be, the simple isn’t always as so simple as it seems. (And this current situation is obviously far from a simple kind of situation.)
That’s why, with a relatively quiet week of Serie A news, we went with in a different direction with this week’s podcast.
A completely transfer rumor-fueled direction.
That’s right, folks! With the higher-ups in the government and Lega Serie A still trying to decide just what needs to happen to bring football back before the end of June and there being some relatively drama-free small group training sessions, we went all-in on the transfer talk that we’ve been hearing over the last couple of weeks. But don’t you worry, it’s not like we read the most recent issue of Tuttosport or La Gazzetta dello Sport and recited rumors from there for the better part of an hour. That would have been boring, right?
In this episode, we discussed the following Juventus transfer rumors:
- The Miralem Pjanic-Arthur Melo swap deal.
- The potential return of Paul Pogba (and a great hashtag the Juve social media team can use if this return to Turin does happen).
- Another swap deal that could involve Pjanic, this time with Chelsea and Jorginho.
- A little bit of striker talk, centered around a player from a certain Central American country that is being driven by a certain Central American writer on this here website.
- And, as always, we wrapped up the podcast with some Twitter questions ... that, of course, involved some transfer rumor talk.
You can listen to Episode 4 of The Old Lady Speaks here:
You can also subscribe to The Old Lady Speaks on ...
Please feel free to give us a nice rating because we enjoy doing this podcast very much and are glad that you have enjoyed the first batch of episodes. The more you say nice things about us, the more we will continue to love you forever and ever and ever. We promise.
(PLEASE NOTE: If you aren’t seeing the podcast player embedded into the post, don’t you worry because sometimes search engine paths tend to bounce some features from the page.)