Leave it to this totally crazy and stupid season for Juventus to deliver a showing like this in a game where they needed to score a certain number of goals and win by a certain margin to leapfrog Tuesday night’s opposition in the Group G standings.
Boy, did Juve deliver.
And after such a big win over Barcelona to close out the group stage, you can guess what was covered for much of this week’s episode of The Old Lady Speaks. We might have been Chuks-less again this week — don’t worry, #ChuksHive, he will be back from his late-fall vacation to the beaches of Mexico soon — but there was still plenty to talk about thanks to Juventus’ 3-0 victory at the Camp Nou.
We were in a good mood this week.
Quite the difference from last week.
And what a welcomed change that was. We like when Juventus win, but we like it even more when Juventus win AND play well at the same time. How about that, huh?
On this week’s episode of The Old Lady Speaks, we discuss:
- SO HOW ABOUT THAT JUVENTUS WIN OVER BARCELONA?!
- Thoughts on Juventus’ win over Barcelona on Tuesday night.
- Thoughts on what Juventus’ win over Barcelona (hopefully) means for the immediate future.
- What a win like this means for Andrea Pirlo the manager who has been under the microscope and a bit of heat with the team’s form far from impressive to begin the season.
- Gigi Buffon — still pretty good!
- Weston McKennie’s form of late and what he’s able to bring to the table that some of Juventus’ other midfielders don’t. (And of course we tried to coax as much McKennie praise out of the person on the podcast who was born and raised — and currently lives — in Mexico.)
- Your Twitter questions!
You can listen to Episode 29 of The Old Lady Speaks here:
You can also listen (and subscribe) to The Old Lady Speaks on the following platforms. Just search Black & White & Read All Over when you get there and we’re there for your listening pleasure.
Please feel free to give us a nice rating because we enjoy doing this podcast very much and are glad that you have enjoyed the first batch of episodes. The more you say nice things about us, the more we will continue to love you forever and ever and ever. We promise.