We know the fixtures are going to be coming at Juventus in quick order over the next month. It is the only way that Serie A and the Champions League are able to catch things up after starting the season a few weeks late as a result of the springtime shutdown all across Europe.
That means as we sit here on the doorstep of December, Juve’s about to play a lot of games in a very short amount of time.
So far, pretty OK.
Juventus started the final post-international break run of 2020 with a very good win over Cagliari, then a not-so-hot performance led to Alvaro Morata heroics in the Champions League. Thankfully, those heroics allowed Juventus to advance to the round of 16 in Europe’s premier club competition. You can probably guess where we started this week’s podcast episode, right?
On this week’s episode of The Old Lady Speaks, we discuss:
- Thoughts on Juventus’ first two games coming out of the international break, with two wins coming in two very different kinds of ways.
- HOLY MATTHIJS DE LIGT, BATMAN!
- The ever-growing importance of Adrien Rabiot.
- Your Twitter questions! (Including one from an OG of this long-standing community.)
- Closing thoughts on the passing of Diego Maradona.
You can listen to Episode 27 of The Old Lady Speaks Podcast here:
You can also listen (and subscribe) to The Old Lady Speaks on the following platforms. Just search Black & White & Read All Over when you get there and we’re there for your listening pleasure.
Please feel free to give us a nice rating because we enjoy doing this podcast very much and are glad that you have enjoyed the first batch of episodes. The more you say nice things about us, the more we will continue to love you forever and ever and ever. We promise.