Who the hell knew we would have so much to talk about even though Juventus never actually played a game this past weekend.
That’s mainly because Juve were supposed to play a game Sunday night. But, obviously, didn’t. And it didn’t happen for very real-world and still very, very, very Italian reasons during which a global pandemic has ravaged the country and left things incredibly interesting in its wake. Juventus was supposed to have an early-season showdown with Napoli this past Sunday, but because of two players testing positive for COVID-19, Napoli owner Aurelio De Laurentiis put up quite the fight to have the game postponed. Juventus countered De Laurentiis’ stance and said they’d show up to Allianz Stadium on Sunday night — which they did. Napoli didn’t. And we’re now left with the aftermath of a crazy night where not one ball was actually kicked.
We’re still awaiting official word on whether the game will be rescheduled or if Juventus will be awarded the 3-0 forfeit win and Napoli will immediately appeal it. There are still situations to analyze, arguments to get into and more reason to shake our head collectively in the direction of Aurelio De Laurentiis.
So, guess what we talked about?
Yeah, you know exactly what we talked about.
On this week’s episode of The Old Lady Speaks, we discussed the following things:
- The mess that was Napoli’s no-show over the weekend.
- What the hell is up with the handling of this by Serie A?
- What the hell is up with Serie A’s current COVID-19 protocol?
- Was what happened this past weekend just the perfect representation of “Italy gonna Italy”?
- Some thoughts on Juventus’ final activity of the transfer window.
- Did Juventus’ social media team do Mattia De Sciglio bad with a disappointing highlight video when his loan to Lyon was announced?
- Where the heck will Federico Chiesa fit into Andrea Pirlo’s plans?
- Is Federico Chiesa, regardless of where he fits into Pirlo’s lineup, a good signing?
- The always-present Twitter questions! (Which, as you can guess, were about Chiesa.)
You can listen to Episode 21 of The Old Lady Speaks here:
You can also listen (and subscribe) to The Old Lady Speaks on the following platforms:
Please feel free to give us a nice rating because we enjoy doing this podcast very much and are glad that you have enjoyed the first batch of episodes. The more you say nice things about us, the more we will continue to love you forever and ever and ever. We promise.