The Champions League’s return has come and gone, and the final verdict of Andrea Pirlo’s first 90 minutes as a manager in Europe ended up being not as bad as many feared.
It certainly went a whole lot better than the 90 minutes Juventus played a few days earlier.
Juventus opened the Champions League group stage with a 2-0 win over Dynamo Kyiv in Ukraine on Tuesday night. It was unspectacular — unless you’re part of the Alvaro Morata hive, probably — yet a solid win for a Pirlo-coached side that was far from full strength due to injuries before (and during) the game as well as a couple of notable coronavirus-related absences. That is where the discussion this week begins, and the Champions League is what most of the discussion revolves around.
On this week’s episode of The Old Lady Speaks, we discuss:
- THE CHAMPIONS!!!!
- Thoughts on the Juventus win over Dynamo Kyiv.
- It’s officially Alvaro Morata comeback SZN
- Thoughts on Andrea Pirlo’s approach in Ukraine.
- Thoughts on the showdown with Barcelona next week.
- Optimism vs. pessimism reigns supreme!
- And, as always, your Twitter questions! (And holy crap did y’all come through this week.)
You can listen to Episode 23 of The Old Lady Speaks here:
You can also listen (and subscribe) to The Old Lady Speaks on the following platforms:
Please feel free to give us a nice rating because we enjoy doing this podcast very much and are glad that you have enjoyed the first batch of episodes. The more you say nice things about us, the more we will continue to love you forever and ever and ever. We promise.