It is the final days of the October international break.
There isn’t too much to talk about — which, as compared to last time we all gathered around the Zoom call, was a welcome change from how things involving Juventus were when we went into the international break a week and a half ago.
So, we figured that we would talk about something we completely forgot to mention over the course of last week’s hourlong episode: the Champions League starting up again.
Yes, the first major schedule crunch of the 2020-21 season means that Andrea Pirlo is going to be making his Champions League debut as Juventus’ manager in a matter days. There, of course, is first a trip to Crotone this Saturday night before Juve heads over to Ukraine, but the fact still remains that Juventus are going to be competing in Europe once again and their rookie manager is going to be under the microscope more than before.
So, yeah. That is what myself (Danny), Sam, Sergio and Signore Chuks discussed for much of Episode 22 of your favorite Juventus podcast.
Please note that we recorded this episode on Monday night, the day before it was announced that Cristiano Ronaldo tested positive for coronavirus and well in advance of Wednesday’s decision regarding the Juventus-Napoli game that never happened. The absence of Ronaldo (as well as Weston McKennie) due to the positive COVID-19 test obviously changes a few things in regard to the Champions League, but you’ll have to wait until next week’s episode for our thoughts on the repercussions of that diagnosis being made public on Tuesday.
What we did talk about on this episode of The Old Lady Speaks goes a little something like this:
- THE CHAAAAAAAMPIONS!!!!!!!!!!
- Overall thoughts on Juventus’ group, one that is looking very top heavy and has the name of a Hungarian team that we only really want Chuks to pronounce.
- Speaking of Chuks, his cat decided to stop by and say hello.
- Some predictions for the group stage.
- RONALDO VS. MESSI TALK!!!!!!!! Briefly, at least. (Although, based on Tuesday’s news, that isn’t necessarily a guarantee at this point.)
- Andrea Pirlo and how he might handle the upcoming crunch of games.
- Twitter question(s) from a familiar friend of the blog.
You can listen to Episode 22 of The Old Lady Speaks here:
You can also listen (and subscribe) to The Old Lady Speaks on the following platforms:
Please feel free to give us a nice rating because we enjoy doing this podcast very much and are glad that you have enjoyed the first batch of episodes. The more you say nice things about us, the more we will continue to love you forever and ever and ever. We promise.