Just a few days ago, we heard a report from La Gazzetta dello Sport that Juventus has put forth its first official offer for CSKA Moskow midfielder Aleksandr Golovin. That deal had Juve bidding €15 million with plenty of room to spare between themselves and what CSKA Moskow want for the 22-year-old Golovin, a player who has gotten plenty of attention since the Russia’s big World Cup opener last week.
On Monday night, we’ve heard of another “first offer” made by Juventus, this time from Gianluca Di Marzio and Sky Sport Italia. It says:
Regarding the Russian midfielder, the latest news is that an initial offer from Juventus has been issued to CSKA. The proposal is worth 17 million plus bonus, but that is not enough to satisfy their demand, as CSKA is asking for 25 million euros. The Bianconeri directors are working on a counter offer worth 18 million euros with a percentage on the future sale in the hope that it would be enough to convince the Russian club.
Whether this is the first FIRST OFFER or the second FIRST OFFER, there’s one consistent thing in all of this: CSKA is holding out for €25 million. That’s the key here, a kind of measuring stick to see just how close Juve will get to satisfying that figure.
That being said, of course Sky Italia’s FIRST OFFER being €17 million plus bonuses is obviously a better starting point than the Gazzetta’s FIRST OFFER of €15 million. There’s less room to try and find that ever elusive satisfactory figure or midway point between the two clubs. And when trying to get a player that is obviously very high on Juve’s wish list this summer, the faster it can be resolved is most certainly for the better.
And hey, if they’re already working on a second offer to throw in CSKA’s direction, that is probably a sign that they feel like this deal can get done. It’s not just one shot in the dark hoping that something works out. It makes sense seeing as Beppe Marotta was fully aware that he let us know that Golovin was more than just a name the press was throwing out there.