With some of the big business out of the way early, a general line of thinking says that Juventus will have to sell some of their players if they want to dip back into the transfer market and fill out the rest of the roster. Some players have already left, with surely more departures on the horizon before the 2016-17 Serie A season gets underway.
One of those players reportedly on his way out is midfielder Roberto Pereyra. And, according to multiple reports out of Italy on Friday, the Argentine midfielder is as close as ever to playing his football somewhere other than Juventus come the start of next season.
Napoli, rumored to be one of Pereyra's suitors earlier in the week, is close to acquiring 25-year-old midfielder. All of Italy's big-time hitters in terms of news outlets are reporting it — Gianluca Di Marzio, Corriere dello Sport, Gazzetta dello Sport, calciomercato.com, and so on and so on and so on.
The reported price that will see Pereyra go from Juventus to Napoli? Around €18 million when you factor in bonuses and all of that good stuff. Considering Juventus paid €14 million to buy Pereyra's contract outright from Udinese last summer, basically breaking even on the deal isn't such a bad thing.
And considering that it looks as though Pereyra isn't going to be part of Juve's already crowded and extremely talented midfield, trying to get back in form and consistent minutes will be even tougher this season than it probably was last season.
I'll just say exactly what I said at the end of the last Pereyra-related post: Who knows if the 2014-15 version of Pereyra will be back or if the 2015-16 one is the player that will unfortunately stick around a little while longer. If it's the latter and not the former, then that rumored €18 million price tag will be even that much more enticing.