In case you haven't noticed by now, Indonesia loves them some Juventus. And in case you've suddenly forgotten this important fact, then watch this video and realize just how much this area of the world is truly black and white. I mean, when 300 journalists attend a press conference and then 5,000 people show up at a stadium to watch an open training session, it's pretty safe to assume that Juve are pretty dang popular.
Now, the wonderful people of Jakarta get the main event — 90 minutes of football with Juventus.
The competition probably isn't as good as their tour from 12 months ago, but this is the first step in Juve's three-game preseason tour of Asia and Australia. These are the last few in-game chances Max Allegri has to evaluate his team before they actually count for points at the end of the month.
No, really. A little more than three weeks from now and Juve will be in Verona to face Chievo in the season opener. It's fast approaching. And you know Max knows that, too.
This is the lineup that Allegri announced after Tuesday afternoon's training session. If there are any changes to it in the lead up to today's game, just hit refresh.
Juventus starting XI: Buffon; Caceres, Bonucci, Ogbonna; Lichtsteiner, Pogba, Pirlo, Marchisio, Asamoah; Giovinco, Llorente #ISLStarsJuve— JuventusFC (@juventusfcen) August 6, 2014
ISLStars starting XI: Meiga, Zulkifly Syukur, Salampessy, Maitimo, Lopez, Gonzales, Lopicic, Vizcarra, Fakhrudin, Cone, Lobo #ISLStarsJuve— JuventusFC (@juventusfcen) August 6, 2014
Doesn't it look so much nicer than what we saw a few days ago against Cesena? Must be the absence of Marco Motta.
- Legendary Juventus goalkeeper Gianluigi Buffon speaks his mind
- VOTD: Juventus president Andrea Agnelli talks marketing, the transfer market and the state of Italian football
- Report: Frederik Sorensen set to undergo medical at Leeds United on Tuesday
- Juventus announce squad for preseason tour of Asia and Australia
- Beppe Marotta confirms Juventus midfielder Arturo Vidal has never asked to leave the club