Today not only marks the official beginning to the summer transfer window, but it also brings us the latest episode of Stephan Lichtsteiner vs. The World. Okay, maybe it's Switzerland vs. Argentina, but there's no doubting that Steiner and the rest of the Swiss army are massive underdogs against Leo Messi and the rest of Argentina's talented strike force.
It doesn't really matter how Argentina may or may not be playing, when you've got that kind of talent on your roster and are led by the incredible Messi, you're going to be the favorite to win more often than not.
So that means it's Lichtsteiner vs. Messi (and others) for a spot in the quarterfinals.
And what's that for an encore? One of the better goalkeepers in all the land Tim Howard and his glorious beard lead the United State men's national team past über-talented yet somewhat underperforming Belgium for the final spot in the last eight.
Not a bad little way to spend your Tuesday, if you ask me. Plenty of #LichtsteinerFace taking on Messi & Friends with a side of 'MURICA? Yeah, not bad. Not bad at all.
Round of 16: Switzerland vs. Argentina — 1 p.m. local time, 12 p.m. on the East Coast, 9 a.m. on the West Coast
SB Nation preview: Can Argentina find their best vs. Switzerland?
Round of 16: Belgium vs. United States — 4 p.m. local time, 4 p.m. on the East Coast, 1 p.m. on the West Coast
SB Nation preview: USMNT hoping to upset impotent Red Devils
- Report: Manchester United told by Juventus that Arturo Vidal would cost 'more than £45 million'
- Paul Pogba scores the game-winner as France advance with 2-0 win over Nigeria
- Reports: Mirko Vucinic set to sign with Al Jazira Club in Abu Dhabi
- Arturo Vidal, Mauricio Isla and Chile lose to Brazil on PKs; Martin Cáceres and Uruguay beaten by Colombia
- 2014 FIFA World Cup Game Time Thread: Matchday No. 16