What's a a day filled with transfer rumors without something involving one of the Italian press' favorite players, Manchester United winger Nani, and Juventus?
Exactly my point.
To the rumor mill we go. Sky Italia's Gianluca Di Marzio gives us this:
Nani won't be playing in Serie A, at least at the moment. On top of Inter's advances, in the last few hours Juventus also made a significant offer for a loan with option to buy. Manchester United has said no, they want to hold on to the Portuguese winger.
I feel like all of us have heard this kind of thing before when it comes to a potential Nani transfer. Maybe it's because we have. So many times over the past couple of months. "Juventus in for Nani!" they said. "Conte eyeing Manchester United winger!" they said. Nani has been a reported target of Juventus — and apparently of Inter as well — for transfer window after transfer window. Maybe there's a ton of truth behind it, maybe there's not. I really have no idea.
What are they also saying right now, though? Nani isn't heading to Juventus in the recently-closed transfer window.
Seems like I've heard that one before, too. Probably because I have.
- Juventus finalize deal for Southampton striker Dani Osvaldo
- OFFICIALLY OFFICIAL: Juventus sign Southampton striker Dani Osvaldo on loan with option to buy
- Transfer Deadline Day: Is the Mirko Vucinic-Fredy Guarin swap deal back on?
- Southampton's Dani Osvaldo set to take Juventus medical on Friday
- Juventus reportedly closing in on Southampton striker Dani Osvaldo