It's that time of year again. With no more games to be played for a couple of months — outside of the Azzurri, of course — it's a perfect chance to look back on the season that was just completed. Luckily for us, it's actually fond memories we get to remember, unlike the last couple of season that were filled with rage, anger, and lots of throwing objects across the living room while watching games.
As you all might remember, our old buddy Aaron posted something along these lines last year. And since we like to get you guys involved, we figured what's better than to do it again this season? I mean, at least we have a few things to celebrate this time around, right?
I'm going to go out on a limb and say this: This season's recap is going to be nothing like it was this time last year. Earth-shattering news, I know, but it's just a hunch I've had for the last couple of weeks.
Hit the jump and find the season awards!
Up for your voting pleasure are the following categories:
- Goal of the Quagliarella (Goal of the Season)
- Pallone d'oro Bianconero of the Season
- Bidone d'oro Bianconero of the Season
- The Alessio Secco Outstanding Contribution to Ineptitude & Idiocy Award
- Most Improved Player Award
- Young Player of the Season
- Facepalm Moment of the Season
And new for this season, we present you these two categories. Who wins each one?
- The Beppe Marotta One-Eyed Bandit Transfer of the Season
- The Antonio Conte Goal Celebration of the Season. What goal celebration was the most memorable?
All four of us will have our own special season recaps coming up in the next week or two. But like we've taken a lot of pride in over the years, the community's opinion matters. So enjoy — and let the discussion begin!